Thursday meditation 25/1/2018

A longer-than-recent meditation of 80 minutes today, noticably deeper and it took me longer to come round. This was probably aided by a change of position - more upright which kept my airway clear and stopped me snoring. I had previously thought the opposite - that further back I reclined, the LESS likely I was to snore - wrong! 

Of course proper eastern meditation has you sat fully upright - bones resting on bones - the effort to maintain it keeping you conscious but in trance. Reclined, you are more likely to drift into sleep if the trance is deep. Well that suits me fine! It's all brain-rest. About 45 degrees seems enough to prevent snoring and keep the airway open so I'll maintain that from today.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Monday - Tuesday 2-3/4/2018

Saturday - Sunday 3-4/2/2018