Monday - Tuesday 12-13/2/2018

This rather eventful sleep turned out to be the exact opposite of what I expected - a spectacular success when it felt like a disaster. This is in large part down to a good decision. I awoke around 0500 restless and dehydrated with a bone dry mouth, and several urges, one of which was for tea. 

So overwhelming were they that I indulged them - the cats were pleased, they got an early breakfast! But then with tea drunk, rather than stay up, I went back to bed by 0540, moving back wake-up time from 0600 to 0700. This paid off spectacularly! I got in another 80 minutes sleep.

Overall, despite my 0500 adventure decreasing sleep efficiency, it was an excellent sleep, with both deep and REM sleep relatively abundant. The lesson seems to be satisfy any overnight need, but then go back to bed!

On Monday afternoon what felt like a deep 90 minute meditation did not even register on the Fitbit - nothing! It may be that it was entirely trance state and never went down to sleep level. No matter, last night's sleep achieved the 7-hour target on its own!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Monday - Tuesday 2-3/4/2018

Saturday - Sunday 3-4/2/2018