Saturday - Sunday 3-4/2/2018

The plan was to sleep until 07:00, but that got scuppered by a combination of dehydration, a hungry cat and a troubled mind. 

Like many folks in middle-age, I have things for which I am profoundly grateful and bring me joy, and scars of loss and hurt that on occasion keep me awake. So what is the therapist's prescription for himself? It is to take the time to give my sadness full periodic outward expression. Otherwise it would only go on to cause all kinds of internal mayhem.

I would liken it to a poo - I really have better more enjoyable things to do with my life, but as distasteful as it is, you simply have to make time to release it. I will therefore give myself permission to be sad today, in order to sleep better tonight and generally think straight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Monday - Tuesday 2-3/4/2018