Friday - Saturday 16-17/3/2018

Though all three of us in the house are all afflicted by the same infection, I appear to be the one hit hardest psychologically, which is making me also physically worse than the other two. I am the only one losing significant sleep, I have the lowest morale, I am doing the least and only I have lost my voice.

Since I am the therapist, guilt and shame are added to the mix! However as the therapist I am also the one most able to self-analyze. As the infection got worse I took the decision to take time out and rest up. Whilst this seemed to me the best way of recovering faster, in reality the opposite has happened. 

Though seeming counter-intuitive, I am beginning to wonder if the quickest recovery path is actually to "just get on with it" as the other two are. I may be intermittently be coughing my guts up and be unable to speak, but I can still MOVE and move stuff. Today I will stay in but I will start moving stuff around and see what effect this has on morale, recovery and sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Monday - Tuesday 2-3/4/2018