Wednesday - Thursday 24-25/1/2018

What is particularly pleasing is the consistency and rhythm that has established itself now my consciousness has given it the opportunity to do so. On ordinary Monday - Thursdays I'm providing myself a 2-hour meditation opportunity (1400-1600, but my brain is consistently settling for just 1 hour) an hour's "wind-down" (2100-2200) and an 8-hour "lights out" opportunity. My sleep pattern is correspondingly consistent this week.

Compelling evidence for its' benefits is a much longer "fuse". Yesterday my son sent a cereal bowl flying from my hand and smashing to the floor. I reacted cool as a cucumber and simply acknowledged that accidents easily happen. On another day deprived of sleep, his head would have undoubtedly been bitten off.

Having a "short fuse", an introverted brooding character and low stress tolerance are intrinsic aspects of myself that I have had to learn to accept and manage with good mental disciplines, most importantly shutting the thing down for long enough so its fragile biochemistry can maintain itself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Monday - Tuesday 2-3/4/2018

Saturday - Sunday 3-4/2/2018