Monday - Tuesday 24-26/4/2018

After a short sleep then no meditation on Monday, leading to an accumulation of sleep debt, I was interested to see how my brain would respond. This time I gave myself the full 8 hour sleep opportunity. I achieved only the critical minimum and the sleep pattern was normal. However, deep sleep was longer, and there was no "restless" hour and no toilet visits, pushing up sleep efficiency.
I am now convinced that though sleep itself is not within my conscious control, to sleep well enough I must create adequate sleep opportunities, ideally 8 hours overnight and a two-hour meditation opportunity in the afternoon. Though this is not always possible, it must be the default in the absence of matters arising.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Monday - Tuesday 2-3/4/2018

Saturday - Sunday 3-4/2/2018